Disco-punks Bugeye signed to Reckless Yes in 2019 for the release of Paul Tipler-produced debut album Ready Steady Bang in summer 2020. Find full details for press and promoters on this page.
‘a powerful slice of disco-punk…’ – Louder
‘Each song just gets better and better’- John Kennedy – Radio X
‘With a sound that’s both retro and remarkably fresh, it’s easy to see why Bugeye have been making waves…’ – Gigslutz‘
‘dripping in attitude and obstinance, one for fans of the soulful fierceness of Gossip and the craft and meodies of Sleater-Kinney..’ – God is in the TV
“a riotously catchy number that will certainly make you want to dance” – Get In Her Ears
“a winning formula of thrusting alt-pop bangers, where jarring guitars interspersed wonky synthesizers are spurred on, enlivened by the snarling vocals of Angela Martin” – Earthly Pleasures
“an interesting song full of personal themes, all jam-packed within this three minute and 23 second single” – Eat This Music
Blending cherry-liqueur lyrics, bubblegum-kneecap bass electrics, goth-heavy drum compactions and hi-rise guitar sculptures, Bugeye joined Reckless Yes in late 2019 ahead of the release of their debut album Ready Steady Bang in summer 2020.
Having originally formed in the nineties, where they supported bands including The Cranberries at Wembley, the band reformed for a fresh blast of disco-punk and a run of self-released singles.
A blend of Blondie and the Pixies the latest releases for Reckless Yes are produced by Paul Tipler (Idlewild, Elastica, LIINES) for a sound which pushes the boundaries of the refreshed Riot Grrrl and punk sound in the wider scene, while keeping the social commentary high. This is the soundtrack to the end of the world – making you dance, making you think, and making you feel less alone in this whole mess.
With support from 6Music, Radio X, Amazing Radio and a range of online publications the band has played a string of headline dates across the UK as well as for Camden Rocks, and Cro Cro Land festivals.
Reckless Yes members will receive the album on their preferred format, and a general release is planned for summer 2020. Make sure you follow the label and the band online for latest information – contacts below for press and bookings.
- Angela Martin – guitar and vocals
- Paula Snow – bass
- Grace Healey – keyboard
- Kerrie Smith – drums.
Social media and website
Music and discography
- Ready Steady Bang – vinyl / CD / digital album (July 2020) – Reckless Yes
- Blue Fire – digital single (June 2020) – Reckless Yes
- When The Lights Go Out – digital single (April 2020) – Reckless Yes
- Don’t Stop – digital single (February 2020) – Reckless Yes
- Electric – digital single (2019)
- Hey You – digital single (2019)
- Disco Dancer – digital single (2018)
- Is This Love – digital single (2018)
- I’m Not The One – digital single (2018)
- Wake Up – digital single (2017)
- Never Let You Go – digital single (2016)
- Bugeye announce new single Blue Fire
- Bugeye release single When the Lights Go Out
- Bugeye announce single When the Lights Go Out
- Bugeye release single Don’t Stop
- Bugeye single Don’t Stop due 28 February via Reckless Yes
- Bugeye sign to Reckless Yes
Press (online and print)
Darren Broome – The Lost Agency PR
Andy Reed – Midnight Mango