Fightmilk’s debut album Not With That Attitude is out today digitally, on limited edition pink vinyl and on CD. We’re hugely excited, as well you can imagine.
The album is a power-pop wonder of break-up songs and an ideal soundtrack to trying to adult despite the ennui inherent in modern life. With wit-sharp lyrics and grinding guitars this is – no cliche – all killer and no filler.
A joyous gem of a record, Not With That Attitude was recorded at Dean Street Studios in Soho with Keith TOTP across four stolen weekends over a two year period. This gave the band time to hone their songwriting, iron out the kinks and spend time over the mixing, so that it sounded meatier and more polished than their previous recordings.
Drawing on bands such as Weezer, Sleeper, The Long Blondes, Martha, Charly Bliss, Diet Cig and Johnny Foreigner, Fightmilk have carved out their own sound and place in the musical universe to add a bit of joy, angst and humour to everyday existence.
What the press say…
“captures the joy, angst and humour of everyday existence” – God Is In The TV Zine.
“a thrashing, pop-punk vibe” – LOUD WOMEN 4/5
“the grunt of guitars and animosity are rarely restrained from boiling over, a superb album” – Louder Than War Magazine 7/10
“Filled with jangly riffs and Lily’s silky smooth vocals, true to Fightmilk form, it’s an immensely catchy, instant smile-inducing slice of luscious punk-infused indie-pop at its finest” – Get In Her Ears
“Kirsty Maccoll-goes-fizzy-pop-punk apogee, the cynicism of love having fallen apart to no great loss writ large” – Sweeping The Nation presents….
Stream Fightmilk Not With That Attitude here
The album launches with a show tonight at the Shacklewell Arms in London – free entry and support from Flirting and Jemma Freeman and The Cosmic Something.
The band then tour the UK including a show for us on 16 November with labelmates Chorusgirl and Mammoth Penguins:
- 2 November – The Shacklewell Arms, London – ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY
(w/ flirting. & Jemma Freeman And The Cosmic Something. Free entry)
- 11 November – Hydra Bookshop, Bristol (w/Katie Gatt)
- 16 November – Rough Trade, Nottingham (a Reckless Yes Presents show w/Chorusgirl & Mammoth Penguins – tickets here)
- 17 November – The Hunter Club, Bury St. Edmunds (w/Gaffa Tape Sandy)
- 24 November – The Oast House, Rainham, Kent
- 29 November – The Lady Luck, Canterbury
- 6 December – The Jericho Tavern, Oxford
- 8 December – The 1 in 12 Club, Bradford (w/ Sarah Carey)
- 14 December – The Finsbury, London (w/Just Blankets).