Ahead of the release of album Not With That Attitude Fightmilk have released the third single from it, Dream Phone.
The band posted about the single saying: “In an ideal world we’d have had a very high-budget video that had Morten Harket jumping out of the Dream Phone board to whisk us all away into a romantic fantasy where’s he’s simultaneously on the beach, at the mall, and wearing a hat.
“Lily would have had Karen O’s haircut in the Maps video. Nick would have been rollerskating. Alex would have been wearing his blue jumper. Adam would have pulled a ‘mum says hang up’ card out of his pocket and we’d all have to go to bed – but then Morten’s cheeky little face would appear at the window and we’d all rock out at a school disco to the millions and millions of vocal tracks at the end of the song. (If you make videos and you know Morten Harket, get in touch.)
“We don’t have that, but what we do have is this song and Adrian Hall’s production and the promise that next week, at the launch, we’ll play it for you, and you’ll cry, and we’ll cry, and then we’ll go out for shakes and it’ll be groovy.”
The album – which is released on milkshake pink vinyl, CD and digitally – has been getting much love from the press. Louder Than War magazine scored it a solid 7/10 saying: “clearly a break up record of epic proportions…a superb album” while God Is In The TV say their music, “captures the joy, angst and humour of everyday existence.”
On the air the band have had support from Amazing Radio and Joyzine and there is much excitement about the release, and the tour, from fans too. Pre-orders have been flying out so if you want to add this to your collection – and you’d be daft not to – make sure you get one now before they sell out.
You can pre-order Fightmilk’s Not With That Attitude on pink vinyl and get Dream Phone plus singles How You Move On and Four Star Hotel for download straight away. Pre-order here!
The band are on tour throughout November:
- 2 November – The Shacklewell Arms, London – ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY
(w/ flirting. & Jemma Freeman And The Cosmic Something. Free entry)
- 11 November – Hydra Bookshop, Bristop (w/Katie Gatt)
- 16 November – Rough Trade, Nottingham (a Reckless Yes Presents show w/Chorusgirl & Mammoth Penguins – tickets here)
- 17 November – The Hunter Club, Bury St. Edmunds (w/Gaffa Tape Sandy)
- 24 November – The Oast House, Rainham, Kent
- 29 November – The Lady Luck, Canterbury
- 6 December – The Jericho Tavern, Oxford
- 8 December – The 1 in 12 Club, Bradford (w/ Sarah Carey)
- 14 December – The Finsbury, London (w/Just Blankets).