Mark Morriss has released three solo albums as well as being frontman with indie band The Bluetones. Signed to independent label Reckless Yes his fourth solo album, Look Up, is due for release on 20 September 2019 on vinyl, CD and across digital platforms.
Mark Morriss is a singer-songwriter who famously made his name fronting English indie outfit The Bluetones. Mark fronted the four piece over a successful and fruitful 15 year period, scoring 14 top ten singles and 3 top ten albums, whilst touring the UK, Europe and Japan.
Still touring with the band he has also had a successful solo career beginning with 2008 album Memory Muscle (released through Fulfill Records) and through 2014 album A Flash of Darkness and 2015 companion album of covers A Taste of Mark Morriss (both of which were released through Acid Jazz).
Once again working with producer Gordon Mills, Morriss wrote and recorded his fourth album Look Up in 2016, supported by a Pledge Music campaign. The album – which moves toward a synth-pop sound and away from acoustic songwriting – was shared with supporters of the campaign in 2017 and is due for a full release on vinyl, CD and digitally on 20 September 2019 through Reckless Yes, to which Mark signed in 2018. Vinyl pre-orders are open now.
Social media, mailing list and website
Music and discography
The Beans from new album Look Up – listen on Spotify
All The Wrong People from new album Look Up – listen on Soundcloud
- Memory Muscle – LP – 2008 (Fulfill Records)
- A Flash of Darkness – LP – 2014 (Acid Jazz)
- A Taste of Mark Morriss – LP – 2015 (Acid Jazz)
- All The Wrong People – digital single – 26 July 2019 (Reckless Yes)
- Look Up – LP – 20 September 2019 (Reckless Yes)
For hi-res versions of these images or release artwork please contact Sarah Lay – see contacts section below.
All The Wrong People – from Look Up
Lucretia (My Reflection) – from A Taste of Mark Morriss
This Is the Lie (and That’s the Truth) – from A Flash of Darkness
For a full press pack please contact Sarah Lay – see contacts section.
- Holiday of a Lifetime next single to be released from Mark Morriss
- The Beans is released and you can find it here
- The Beans is set as next single from Look Up
- All The Wrong People hits 10,000 streams
- All The Wrong People video premieres on Louder Than War
- Look Up pre-orders open and All The Wrong People released
- Join us for a Facebook Live reveal of Look Up by Mark Morriss
- Mark Morriss signs to Reckless Yes records ahead of retail release of Look Up
For all TV, print, online, radio and playlist enquiries please contact: