LIINES are a three-piece post-punk band based in Manchester who released their Paul Tipler-produced debut album Stop-Start through Reckless Yes in 2018 to critical acclaim.
POST PUNKS LIINES HAVE BUILT A REPUTATION AS ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING ACTS TO EMERGE FROM MANCHESTER.
“LIINES, a band I’ve been dying to see for so long…they lived up to every expectation. Absolutely incredible.” – John Kennedy, Radio X, X-Posure
“A very promising debut” – 4 Stars, Q Magazine
“Right up my street” – Steve Lamacq, 6 Music
LIINES are Zoe McVeigh (vocals/guitar), Tamsin Middleton (bass) and Leila O’Sullivan (drums). The Manchester-based trio are a prominent band in the post-punk / new-wave scene, with comparisons ranging from Savages to PINS to Desperate Journalist. Their sound is an infectious, urgent and at times furious blend of Riot Grrrl, post-punk and alt-rock sounds which take in elements of their collective influences.
The band started in 2014, born of a previous musical project with founding members Zoe McVeigh (vocals, guitar), Steph Walker (bass) and Leila O’Sullivan (drums). After a few years of writing, and touring across the UK and Europe, LIINES self-released debut single Never There (November 2015), which received the band’s first UK radio play through John Kennedy (Radio X), who made it his single of the week, and Blackout (March 2016) which caught the ears of Tom Robinson (BBC 6 Music).
In summer 2016, the band signed to Reckless Yes (record label and management), and there started the journey to write and record their debut album with producer Paul Tipler (Elastica, Idlewild, Stereolab) preceded by their first physical release – double-A single Disappear/Be Here – in October 2016.
Before releasing the album, the band line-up underwent a change, with Steph leaving LIINES and passing the much loved bass baton to Tamsin Middleton (Mr Heart, ILL, Tamsin A), who joined the band in May 2017.
Stop-Start was released in May 2018, preceded by singles Shallow (February 2018), Find Something(March 2018) and Cold (April 2018). The album is available on limited white vinyl (sold out). Digipak CD and digitally.
The band has since gone on to support Sleaford Mods on a 32-date tour of England and Wales, be shortlisted into the final eight bands for Glastonbury Emerging Talent 2019, and re-press album Stop-Start as a black vinyl tour exclusive.
- Zoe McVeigh – guitar / vocals
- Tamsin Middleton – bass
- Leila O’Sullivan – drums.
Please note: on all music recorded and released up to and including Stop-Start bass should be credited to Steph Walker.
Social media, mailing list and website
Music and discography
On and On – listen on Soundcloud
Stop-Start – listen on Spotify
- On and On – digital single – May 2019 (Reckless Yes)
- Stop-Start – LP – May 2018 (Reckless Yes)
- Cold – digital single – April 2018 (Reckless Yes)
- Find Something – digital single – March 2018 (Reckless Yes)
- Shallow – digital single – February 2018 (Reckless Yes)
- Disappear / Be Here – 7″ and digital single – October 2016 (Reckless Yes)
- Blackout – digital single – March 2016 (self-released)
- Never There – digital single – November 2015 (self-released).
For more photos see the band’s website and for hi-res versions please contact Sarah Lay or Leila O’Sullivan – see contacts section below.
- 30 May – Thousand Island, London w/ Chorusgirl and Art Trip and the Static Sound
- 31 May – Bodega, Nottingham w/ Pet Crow, I Am Lono and Dacodac
- 1 June – YES, Manchester w/ Blanketman and Pet Crow
- 27 July – Kendal Calling Festival
- 16-17 August – Cotton Clouds Festival
- 6 September – Confessional Festival
Press releases and news
- LIINES release single On and On
- Glastonbury Emerging 2019 shortlist for LIINES
- LIINES announce headline shows in London, Manchester and Nottingham
- LIINES to support Sleaford Mods on 32-date UK tour
- Her-cury music award shortlisting for LIINES
- LIINES release debut album Stop-Start
- Debut album Stop-Start announced from LIINES
- PRS Women Make Music Funding announced for LIINES
- LIINES release double-A single Disappear / Be Here
- LIINES announce single Disappear / Be Here and UK tour
- LIINES sign to Reckless Yes
Live bookings and information for promoters