We’re really pleased to welcome a new member to the Reckless Yes family and announce we’ll be working with one of the heroes of our local music scene in Derby, Phil Burgess.
Phil will be supporting us at Reckless Yes by putting his awesome art skills to use on our posters and helping with our live shows. He’s in-house promoter at the Hairy Dog where we’ve made a bit of a Reckless home so it’s a pretty handy arrangement all round.
We love Phil’s own artwork – which he publishes under the name D.Filis – and so we’re thrilled he’s offered to conjure our posters with his creativity. We’ve always had an idea that a poster isn’t just for information provision, or a purely promotional item. Posters are art in their own right. Creating bold, beautiful and original prints from Phil’s work for us is a great way for us to commit further to that part of our ethos.
Check out his work for us across our next shows:
- Desperate Journalist, The Empty Page and Cheap Jazz – 28 Jan – Hairy Dog
- Nine Tons, Ghost Signals and Them Are They – 12 Feb – Hairy Dog
- Batteries, Grey Hairs and Blackmail Box – 19 Feb – Hairy Dog
- Mouses, Unqualified Nurse Band and You Want Fox – 11 March – Hairy Dog
- and Mower, Nervous Twitch and The Four Fours – 22 April – Hairy Dog.
Check out Phil’s own artwork including his book ‘Shit Art’: D.Filis
Sarah has previously co-promoted shows with Phil under the Noble and Wild / Check Your Head banner, bringing Evans the Death to Derby for an early show as well as running local line-up Bank Holiday All Dayers throughout 2013. As well as working in-house at the Hairy Dog he also puts shows on as Dirty Fingers – including a May date featuring Pet Crow – so check that out too.